Posted on the September 17, 2021 under New
Now hiring: Sales Specialist – Molecular and Cell Biology
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Specialist to join our team!
We are looking for a Sales Specialist to join our team at Whitehead Scientific for our Molecular and Cell Biology product portfolio. Ideally 2-3 years sales experience in a bioscience or medical diagnostics sales environment, and BSc (hons) and an MSc or PhD in a molecular biology and/or cell biology related field.
Position Title: Sales Specialist – Molecular and Cell Biology
Position: Full time
Salary: Market related
Location: Modderfontein, Johannesburg, work from home
About the Role:
We are looking for a scientist with a desire to work in a commercial environment and who places a high value on helping customers achieve the best outcomes in their work. The Sales Specialist role offers a unique opportunity to fulfill a passion for helping laboratory based scientists select the best product fit for their application workflows and to develop key skills required for progressing in a commercial environment.
What you will be doing:
You will be responsible for the sales of our Molecular and cell Biology product ranges in the Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Free State, North West regions.
As laboratories open up to external visitors, you will have opportunity to meet with your customers in person, and travel in these regions will be required. In the interim period, we will equip you with the skills and technology platforms to engage with your customers online and in both cases your selling approach will be curiosity driven and consultative, with the aim of understanding the customer’s needs and providing the most appropriate workflow solutions from our product range.
You will work alongside a team of other Sales Specialists, Product Managers and Applications Specialists in an environment which encourages collaboration and development and which rewards achievement.
To be successful you will need:
- MSc or PhD (BioSciences)
- Ideally 2-3 years sales experience in a life science research or clinical diagnostics sales environment but we will accept candidates with academic experience and strong potential for working in a commercial environment
- Experience in basic molecular biology applications such as nucleic acid extraction, clean up and PCR
- Experience in basic cell biology techniques such as ELISA, Western blotting, flow cytometry and cell culture
- Demonstrated understanding and record of achievement in a business environment or demonstrate an aptitude for understanding commercial processes
- A genuine desire to work in a science based sales environment
- To be an excellent communicator and build relationships at all levels
What’s in the mix for you?
- Competitive salary package
- Sales bonus
- Excellent environment for development and career progression
How to apply:
Email the following to Tammy Arendse at email@example.com
- Your CV
- A short 30 second video telling us about yourself
- Completed questionnaire (click to download)
Closing date for applications:
24 January 2022, or until application has been filled