Whitehead Scientific is eagerly looking forward to hosting the first Illumina User Group Meeting in South Africa on 9th – 10th March 2015.
Date: 9-10 March 2015
Venue: Allée Bleue, Franschhoek, Western Cape
Limited places available – Register now!
Illumina User Group Meeting:
Continuing advances in Illumina’s genomic analysis technologies are rapidly changing the way scientists in a variety of disciplines approach their research.
Through the User Group Meeting, Illumina and Whitehead Scientific are providing an opportunity for customers to showcase their research, as well as a forum to discuss product enhancements and cutting edge applications with specialists from Illumina.
Click here to view the provisional program
Confirmed Keynote Speakers include:
- Dr Jasper Rees – Agricultural Research Council
- Dr Farai Muchadeyi – Agricultural Research Council
- Dr Zané Lombard – University of Witwatersrand
- Dr Mamadou Kaba – University of Cape Town
- Prof Tulio de Oliveira – University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Dr Armand Peeters – University of Stellenbosch
- Mr Shaheed Vally-Omar – National Institute for Communicable Diseases
- Illumina Portfolio Specialists
Key Topic Areas:
- Bioinformatics – providing seamless sample-to-answer bioinformatics software tools that guide you from the original design of your experiment through to interpreting data and generating actionable reports.
- Infectious disease -revealing fresh insight into how microbes impact humans and transforming modern infectious disease surveillance.
- Agrigenomics – driving sustainable productivity and offering solutions to the mounting challenge of feeding the world’s growing population.
- Forensic Genomics – extract the highest resolution of forensic DNA evidence from even the smallest, most fragile, and highly mixed samples.
- Cancer genomics and genetic disease– revolutionizing the discovery and analysis of disease causing variants.
- Reproductive health/Clinical applications – deliver fast, accurate information that can guide choices and transform lives at multiple touch points.
- Metagenomics – profile entire microbial communities from complex samples, discover new organisms, and explore the dynamic nature of microbial populations under changing conditions.
Night in the Vines:
Join us on the evening of the 9th March 2015 for a spectacular Night in the Vines at Allée Bleue.
Enjoy wine tasting and a fine country tasting experience, in a picturesque setting surrounded by rolling lawns, fragrant gardens, vineyards and views of the Drakenstein Mountains.
Due to the limited places, this conference is presently by invitation only.
Registration fee: No fee *Limited places available
Registration closes: places are full
Register now: Click here to complete the registration form
Allée Bleue offers visitors a unique experience – world-class wines, fruit and herbs, stunning conference venues, a fresh produce shop, warm hospitality, historic charm and contemporary art, surrounded by the breath taking scenery of the Franschhoek Valley.
Tel: +27 (0) 21 874 1021
Address: Intersection R 45 and R310, Groot Drakenstein 7680, South Africa
GPS co-ordinates: -33° 51′ 55.22″, 18° 58′ 56.22″
Click here for directions
Parking: Complimentary Parking
Special congress rates have been organised at selected hotels.
Includes group transport to and from the conference venue on both days. Delegates are advised to book directly with the hotel (Whitehead Scientific block booking).
- Protea Hotel Stellenbosch
- Standard room: R1,170 single, R770 sharing, per night
- Deluxe room: R1,455 single, R910 sharing, per night
- FOR BOOKINGS: +27 (0)21 880 9500 or email@example.com
When making your own accommodation bookings, use the Whitehead Scientific block booking. Bookings must be made before 23 January 2015, thereafter rooms will be released to the public. First come, first serve basis.
Other accommodation options:
Includes group transport to and from the conference venue on both days. Limited rooms available. Delegates are advised to book directly with these guest houses (Whitehead Scientific block booking).
- Allée Bleue, Franschhoek
- FOR BOOKINGS: +27 (0)21 874 1021 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Le Pommier, Franschhoek – FULLY BOOKED
- Room prices range: R750 – R1,500 per person, per night
- FOR BOOKINGS: +27 (0)21 8851561 or email@example.com
- Rustenbosch, Stellenbosch – FULLY BOOKED
- FOR BOOKINGS: +27 (0)21 887 8549 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference and Events Co-ordinator
Tel: + 27 21 8554472
Lauren de Swardt
Whitehead Scientific Marketing Co-ordinator
Tel: + 27 21 944 6460